You are maintaining a good dental care, you never miss brushing and flossing your teeth regularly. But, after all of this if you are facing oral dental problems, then what’s wrong going on? Well, just brushing your teeth daily will not keep them clean and healthy. Sometimes your bad habits can also ruin all your healthy oral hygiene. Let yourself know what kind of bad habits you have that are harming your teeth. The Dental Roots, a prominent dental clinic in south Delhi, will discuss some of the common bad habits that most of the people make that harm their teeth.
Some Poor Habits that are Harmful for Teeth are listed below:
- Using Teeth as Tools – Many people rely on their teeth for a number of odd jobs: to tear open a bag of potato chips, uncap a bottle of any drink, rip a price tag off a piece of clothing. You may not feel at that time but this can be hard on your teeth causing the edge of a tooth to chip off. Use the proper tools which are meant for such purposes.
- chewing hard objects – Many people have habit of chewing hard objects like pencil, pen etc. Some people chew ices also, especially the leftover ice after finishing a cold drink. The cold temperature of ice cubes can actually cause teeth to fracture. And, the hard objects can chip off part of the enamel on a tooth. Your teeth were meant to chew food, not unnecessary objects.
- Brushing very hard – Most of the people usually think that applying more pressure while brushing will make their teeth clean and shiny. But, this is just a myth that needs to be avoided. Use a soft bristled toothbrush to clean your teeth and use it very gently.
- Sucking Thumbs or Fingers – This habit is usually among small children only. Suck their thumbs can cause misalignment of their teeth. If your child sucks thumb then you can consult a kids dentist in Gurgaon.
- Biting Nails – Some people use their teeth to trim their nails. These seem harmless, but nail biting can actually affect your oral health. It can flatten the edges of your teeth; expose your mouth to dirt stuck on your nails and fingers.
These were some of the common bad habits that may harm your teeth. You need to take care of these habits if you want healthy teeth. You can consult a doctor if you want any detail about oral health and teeth care.